Who is Trico LivingWell?
Trico LivingWell a new older adult living community in Kingsland, Calgary. It is the first Older Adult Living community in Canada pursuing the vigorously vetted International WELL Building Standard® version 2 (WELL v2TM) Certification – a premier framework and performance-based system for buildings with features that advancing human health and well-being worldwide. Through evidence-based science and gerontology, best practices, healthcare expertise, innovation and unwavering passion, Trico LivingWell offers independent living, assisted living and dementia care that honours and supports individual rights, choices, needs and abilities.
As workplaces and our economy reopen, and as vaccines have been developed which are a reliable, safe, and powerful weapon in our protection against COVID-19, Trico LivingWell has a mandatory recruitment policy that all employees must be vaccinated. We serve an at-risk client population and we must take all reasonable steps to keep them safe. Now that vaccines are widely available, vaccination will be a condition of employment for all employees, with the exception of anyone who requires accommodation for medical or religious reasons. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. Staff is expected to continue to keep up to date with their vaccinations with influenza and COVID variants. This is a very important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle against these deadly viruses.
Trico LivingWell – Build WELL, Live WELL, and Age WELL.
This is a contract job position. The Documentation Writer is accountable for the writing and editing documentations including policies and procedures, resident handbook, operational manual, emergency preparedness plan, licensing auditing materials under the guidance of the Executive Director. Other duties, relevant to the position, shall be assigned as required.
This is contract opportunity.
The Executive Director – Trico LivingWell
• Excellent and concise writing skills
• Planning and Organizing
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe
• Quality Orientation
• Time Management
• Review and prepare documents, policies and procedures, reports and other correspondence materials for format, content, grammar, spelling and make edits as necessary.
• Maintain a high level of confidentiality in all interactions.
• Maintain a professional image and demeanor with all employees, management, executives and visitors at all times.
• Other duties, relevant to the position, shall be assigned as required.
• 3-5 years' experience as a professional or business writer, or relevant role is considered an asset.
• Proficient use of various office based software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Teams) and Adobe.
• Up to date influenza and COVID vaccinations (at least two doses completed).
• Busy office setting.
• Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
• Ability to conduct and attend presentations in person or virtually.
• Sitting for long periods.
• Repetitive work.
• Overtime may be required.
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.