Manager of Land (2021-10-25.107)
Trico Homes is looking for the sharpest tool in the shed. Join us today.
“Trico Homes is made up of an incredible team of people who are dedicated to building outstanding homes and communities in and surrounding Calgary, AB. We are continually recognized as one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies and one of the Best Workplaces in Canada. And that shows clearly in our culture.
We emphasize work-life balance and focus on learning and development, innovation and fun at work. Trico Homes is dedicated to equality and inclusion in the workplace and we invite you to join our team today to help us build on our success, and build your career at one of Canada’s best places to work!”
Our success is your success. Want to join our team?
We are currently recruiting for Manager of Land.
This is a full time position.
The Manager of Land will be responsible for monitoring regional and national economic influences to determine and help create Trico's goals for land strategy. This position is responsible for overseeing land acquisitions, divestitures, third party agreements, administration, and landowner/stakeholder. This includes managing and reporting on land activities, and providing advice on surface rights and land acquisition requirements. The role is responsible for building relationships with Developers, Builders and other stakeholders and represent Trico in the home builder’s community.
• Oversee company’s land strategy;
• Conduct Performa and Feasibility studies (new land position/product offering);
• Report on forecasted lot absorption – developer commitments and take downs;
• Create and maintain a “Project Cycle Plan” (3-5-10-20 year rolling forecast of lot inventory and future lot availability);
• Initiate and review Geotech reports and environmental assessments (current) and advise team of any concerns;
• Report on special requirements for projects (e-community, sump pumps, etc.);
• Oversee developmental projects, being responsible for scheduling, budgets, procurement of subconsultants and travels;
• Lead project delivery;
• Evaluate potential investment against business plan;
• Liaise with other developmental partners;
• Work with developers on energization, community appearance, site conditions, lot damage, payouts and any other concerns that may arise;
• Other duties as assigned.
• A minimum of Bachelor degree in Commerce with Real Estate focus, Civil Engineer, Architecture or in a related field required;
• Minimum of 5 years of work experience in the land development field;
• Demonstrated ability to meet strategic economic objectives for the organization;
• Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization;
• Effective written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills;
• Ability to work with leaders within business to develop innovation ideas and resources to execute initiatives;
• Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe products and e-mail required;
• Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and employees;
• Demonstrated ability to have a positive impact on business results.
Until suitable candidate is found.
We appreciate the interest of all candidates, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that a security clearance will be part of the recruitment process.